How to unlock your device and allow it to be reused
- How to unlock a switched on & working iPhone, iPad or iPod
- How to unlock an iPhone, iPad or iPod if it’s unpowered or inaccessible
- How to unlock an Android device
Turn off Find My on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Find My can help you recover a lost or stolen device. If you’re preparing to sell, trade in or give away your iPhone, make sure you’ve turned off Find My iPhone.
How to turn off Find My iPhone on your iPhone
- Open Settings.
- Tap [your name] > Find My.
- Tap Find My iPhone, then tap to turn it off.*
- Enter your Apple ID password. Forgotten your password?
- Tap Turn Off.
If you no longer have access to your iPhone, you can remove a device from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.
* On an iPad or iPod touch, tap “Find My iPad” or “Find My iPod touch”.
What happens when you turn off Find My iPhone
If you need to locate a lost or stolen device, Find My can help you get it back. You can see the device’s location on a map, play a sound to help you find it and more. Find My also includes Activation Lock, a feature that’s designed to prevent anyone else from using your iPhone. Find out more about how Activation Lock works.
When you turn off Find My iPhone, you will lose these capabilities, which can make it harder to recover your iPhone.
Learn more about Find My
- Find out how to turn off Activation Lock so you can set up and use a device, or prepare your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch before you sell it, give it away or trade it in.
- Find out how to set up the Find My app to help you find your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, AirPods or Apple Watch if it ever goes missing.
- Need to turn off Find My [device] on your iPad, iPod touch or Mac? Find out how.
Turn off Activation Lock on a device
If you forgot to turn off Find My before you sold or gave away your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or Apple Watch, you can turn off Activation Lock using Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.
- In Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, click All Devices, then select the device you want to erase.If you do not see All Devices, it is because you have already selected a device. Click the name of the current device in the centre of the toolbar to access the Devices list, then select a new device.
- Erase the device.Because the device is not lost, do not enter a phone number or message.If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it is online. You receive an email when the device is erased.
- When the device is erased, click Remove from Account.All your content is erased and someone else can now activate the device.